Golf Courses in Opelousas, LA
Abbeville, Louisiana is a small city in Vermilion Parish, Louisiana.
Formerly called La Chapelle, the land that was to become Abbeville was purchased by founding father Père Antoine Désiré Mégret (Père is French for ‘Father’), Capuchin missionary, on July 25, 1843 for $900. Megret named the town after his home in France. There were two people living on the land at that time, Joseph LeBlanc and his wife Isabelle Broussard, whose former home Father Megret converted into a chapel. The chapel burned in 1854, and St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church now stands at the same location.
Yardage, Course Rating, and Slope are from the back tees.
1141 E Prudhomme St, Opelousas, LA 70570, (337)948-9688, Public, 18 hole, 6149 yds, Par 71, CR-70, S-113
PO Box 976, Opelousas, LA 70571, (337)948-1738, Public, 9 hole, 5173 yds, Par 70, CR-70, S-113